Vision Plan and Ministries
1. Make disciples:
Disciples are our strongest evangelical tool. (Matthew 28:19-20)
2. Develop personal and communal relationships with God:
We recognize that the number one relationship we must have is with God; all other
relationships will be in good order if we are right with Him. We must teach implicit trust in
God. (John 15:5)
3. Christ will grow the church with Himself at its head:
Focus on individual spiritual growth rather than numerical growth. (Matthew 16:18)
4. Christ will equip us:
Our needs will be provided to us in order to further the Great Commission. (John 14:16-17)
5. Encourage discovery and development of individual spiritual gifts:
Everybody has a job. The congregation cannot depend on a pastor or individual to do
everything. We are all lay ministers. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11)
6. Witness constantly, use words if necessary:
How we live our lives is our greatest witnessing tool. Our joy should shine through us.
(1 Peter 2:12-15)
7. Obey the Great Commandments:
Love God. Love our neighbor. (Matthew 22:37-40)
8. Ensure unity of the body, not uniformity.
God will make His will known to the body through Christ. (Philippians 2:1-2)
9. We are a “Church,” not a “church”:
We cannot depend upon material resources to define ourselves as a body. Church is a living
body. (1 Peter 2:5)
- Don’t run a church like a business. We don’t have to show a profit.
- Don’t make tithes merely a budget funder. Tithing is an individual offering to God, not to a church.
- Don’t worry about church growth.
- Don’t depend on programs and methods. There was only one burning bush.
- Don’t use bait and switch programs to get people into church.
Ministries: How we get to our Vision Plan
1. Evangelism Ministry: Minister to people that God brings to us. (Colossians 4:3-6)
2. Discipleship Ministry: Offer small groups to fulfill needs. (Hebrews 10:25)
3. Agape Ministry: Love each other because we are the family of God. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
4. Koinonia Ministry: Ensure fellowship in God with other believers. (1 John 1:6-7)
5. Prayer Ministry: Teach people to pray constantly. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
6. Reconciliation Ministry: We do not hold grudges. (Luke 11:4)
7. Community Ministry: Offer services to the community. (Hebrews 13:2)
8. Music Ministry: Worship God through music. (Psalm 81:2)
E-mail or call us at 919-960-8606 with any questions.
I am the way and the truth and the life. John 14:6